Inbound Tech Support Services - A Case Study
Our client is a leading Printer Services Company. Higher rate of abandoned calls per month, which led to poor customer satisfaction, was a serious cause of concern for their BPO division. Client approached Flatworld Solutions to help them by designing a unique BPO platform that could improve the performance of their inbound tech support.
Team at Flatworld Solutions interacted with the client, and discovered the following to be the primary challenges they were facing:
- The BPO division of our client's printer services company was focusing more on delivery, and required training in BPO platform management
- The client's existing in-house support service team included 30 agents and 30 channels, but they were not familiar with the BPO domain, and their processes were not in accordance to BPO platforms
- The call abandonment rate for inbound calls was extremely high at 35%-40%. So, it was urgently needed to improve the turnaround time to respond to customers' queries
- The customer satisfaction percentage was as low as 50%, which was way lesser than the prescribed client SLA
Based on the analysis, Flatworld Solutions set up a special team, the members of which had expertise in the BPO domain. A special support operations center was also established which was equipped with voice/email/internet facilities, which aided in curbing the turnaround time considerably.
The following support services were offered by Flatworld Solutions:
- Offering support in the daytime as per the IST
- Increased the infrastructure channels to 90, and the overall head count to 45 agents to match the call volume
- Increased the support time span and introduced multiple shift manning with WFM
- Implemented Voice Mail Services for customers waiting for more than 3 minutes in the queue
- Initiated a call back team (8 - 10 agents) to improve customer satisfaction, by reducing the frequency of repeat calls
- Performing constant improvements and process enhancement activities backed by Lean and Six Sigma methods at the support center
- Later, the overall head count was reduced to 5 agents (call back team)
- Flatworld Solutions extended its support services to 24 hours during peak period (when there was an excess of processing requirements)
- All applications necessary at the support center were installed and configured. Also, regular application upgrades were ensured, and all errors in applications were rectified
- All the databases were periodically maintained and updated
- The turnaround time of the project improved and the call abandonment rate also reduced to 8% - 10%
- The customer satisfaction percentage was increased to 87% - 93%
Our client was extremely pleased with the solutions provided by Flatworld Solutions, and the fact that our team was able to achieve this feat within a span of 3 months. Additionally, our team ably resolved several performance & product related issues that the client's company was facing for some time, which further augmented their productivity significantly.
Pricing is a critical factor to consider before outsourcing. Our pricing model allows you to keep your costs in control.
Read Case Studies to find out how we helped our clients with Call Center Services.
Tell us your requirements and get a free quote.