Native Shadow Board App Development for Android and iOS
The Client and Their Requirement
Our client is a reputed European shadow board manufacturing company who wanted to build an app for their operations. The basic idea was to develop an app using which customers could create their own customized shadow boards upon which tools could be placed accordingly. Since shadow boards need incredible precision in order to ensure the tools fit precisely, the client wanted to partner with an app developer with the requisite experience in handling tough projects. In addition, the client also wanted to implement a function within the app which would auto convert photos of board setups into a CAD design slide for faster manufacturing.
Our team of mobile app developers faced the following challenges during the development phase of the project:
- The client had more than 20,000 products that could be used on these shadow boards, thereby leading to infinite design combinations which had to be incorporated in the app
- The client manages a network of over 300 resellers around the globe, and they wanted the app to re-brand itself with various resellers' logos based upon the user logging into the app
- We had to develop the app for Android as well as iOS using native technologies within a quick turnaround time
The Project Plan
Keeping in mind the client requirements and various project challenges, the following project plan was devised by our developer team:
- A dedicated team of mobile app developers was assigned to work on this project on a full time basis
- The team worked with an expert panel of SMEs to understand the tools and shadow board designing process, upon which they proceeded to develop native iOS and Android apps as per the client's requirement
- The team decided to work on a web app using the PHP Yii framework which would work as a more feature-complete version of the native apps. Users who wanted ingrained control over the shadow board design process could use this web app to create and submit their designs
The Flatworld Solution
The following solution was provided by our team of mobile app developers:
- The shadow board app was developed by our team for both the Android and iOS platforms while making use of native technologies
- A web app was developed by our team for users who wanted more options and stricter control over the shadow board design process
- The app we created could be used by the client along with their customers and resellers
- Using this app one could create a customized board and assemble tools on it and also have them resized according to their individual needs
- The app could be used to take a photo of the board setup and convert it into a design slide which could be then be used to manufacture the same
The client was extremely satisfied with the overall results and helped us network with their resellers for whom we handled several other projects. The app is used today by many users to create their own shadow board designs.
Get your Mobile App Developed by Flatworld Solutions Today!
Flatworld Solutions has been providing mobile app development services to global clients for more than a decade now. Our team of highly experienced mobile app developers has the required skills to develop mobile applications for different platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows, etc.
If you have any kind of mobile app idea, feel free to write to us or call one of our representatives and we will help you turn your idea into reality!
Pricing is a critical factor to consider before outsourcing. Our pricing model allows you to keep your costs in control.
Read Case Studies to find out how we helped our clients with Software Development Services.
Tell us your requirements and get a free quote.