Mainframe Application Testing Services
Mainframe computers still play a large role in the day to day operations of many Fortune 500 companies, including many banks, financial powerhouses, insurance companies, automobile companies, government and state departments, etc. At the same time, mainframe application testing is a niche skill. This is because the task is quite challenging and training is not available easily, especially as more organizations are moving towards client/server applications while leaving behind mainframe applications.
At Flatworld Solutions, mainframe testing is just one of the many testing services we offer for global clients, and it plays an important role in managing their development costs and overall application quality. We offer our mainframe app testing services across a variety of different industries and domains, and can customize it according to their very specific needs.
Our Mainframe Testing Services
Our mainframe testers are adept at testing mainframe applications and have an in-depth knowledge of ISPF and TSO commands and menus, and can easily perform QA testing for all your mainframe applications.
Mainframe Quality Assurance - We focus on end-to-end QA services for your mainframe as well as other AS400-based systems. Our QA team always ensures your mainframe applications run without a hitch and test them adequately every time they are updated
Performance Engineering and Testing - Our testing engineers are adept at handling performance testing and conducting better storage optimization, batch optimization, and the overall reduction of MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second) for all your mainframe applications
Test Environment Management - Our test engineers ably support application release management right from the initial build phase to the deployment phase while adhering to all QA schedules as closely as possible.
- Product Development
- Legacy Modernization
- Application Performance Improvement
- System Reengineering
- Web-enabled Legacy Systems
- Assembler Development
- Application Migration and Testing
- Mainframe Application Support
- PL/1-based Development
- Full Lifecycle App Development and Maintenance
- We perform a variety of tests such as performance tests, volume tests, stress tests, regression tests, etc. to check your mainframe's integrity
- We use all the latest tools and techniques for mainframe testing such as Strobe, Ecomp, File Aid, DB2, Sort, zOS, CA7, etc.
- We have proper experience in testing a variety of applications such as COBOL, Peoplesoft, CICS on platforms such as DB2 database, Oracle database, and QA Hiperstation which helps in automating the testing process
- Better access to proprietary and open-source accelerators and automation frameworks for streamlined mainframe testing process
- Ability to create automated testing rules for regression analysis and application performance testing
- Integration of QA for EDI and MQ series
- Ability to simulate server application responses in an interface test, while testing changes to the OS, subsystems, and the language environment
- Properly documented results for mainframe application testing
- Reduced dependency on external mainframe interfaces thereby allowing you to focus on the task at hand
- Better access to developer and test environments even during production times with the help of batch job processing
- Better programming with the help of well-known IDEs such as eclipse or visual studio which simplify the testing process
Apart from these, we also offer the following -
Flatworld's Mainframe Testing Concepts
Although most companies prefer client/server architecture instead of legacy mainframes, it does have a few downsides, such as the requirement for regular OS tweaking so it plays well with other applications, frequent code installation, security issues, etc. Since there are more variables to consider, testing client/server architecture also requires more people while presenting more frequent usability issues because of a prevalent GUI. Knowing such facts help us single out the exact testing pattern for your mainframe applications, and some of the ways we carry it forward include -
Mainframe Testing Tools and Technologies we Leverage
Mainframe testing requires niche skills which are hard to come by in this day and age. Our mainframe testers have a minimum experience of 5 years, and are proficient in several tools, technologies related to mainframe testing while having the necessary skillset. Some of the technologies and tools we are proficient in include -
Benefits of Partnering with FWS for Mainframe Application Testing
Our mainframe application testers are comfortable with a variety of test scenarios which in turn ensures better mainframe application performance along with better application reliability and security. We automate most of the time-intensive procedures so as to deliver quality results in short turnaround times. Some of the benefits of partnering with us include -
Outsource Mainframe Testing Services to Flatworld Solutions
With the help of Flatworld's expert mainframe application testing services, you can drive down costs by as much as 20% in certain cases while improving overall productivity at our operation. Despite the recent wave of interest in client/server environments, legacy modernization is still a risky proposal for enterprises who cannot afford to move to modern systems soon. For such clients, our comprehensive suite of testing services, including SAP testing, Automation testing, etc. are ideal as they can increase productivity and benefit from better testing practices, while laying the roadmap for modernization.
Contact us right away and partner with a truly international testing service provider!
Avail best-in-class services at affordable rates
PARTNER WITH US Read about Partners & Alliances programs at Flatworld Solutions! Read More
- Flatworld Implemented a ServiceNow Solution for a US-based Award Winning Firm
- FWS Provided Swift and Impeccable ServiceNow Implementation Services
- Flatworld Provided Power BI Services to a UK-based Data Analytics Firm
- Developed an e-Learning Platform for a Global IT Organization
- Bilingual OpenCart e-commerce Solution for Canadian Boat Manufacturer
3rd Edition Middle East Banking AI and Analytics Summit Read More