Delivered Trigger, Responder and Web App Based Android and iOS app for a UAE Based Company
Our client is a successful UAE based entrepreneur specializing in providing advertising solutions to global clients.
The client wanted to innovate and introduce a new way to take photographs during weddings. His idea was to place a 65 inch floor standing dual screen device with runs on Android 4.2at weddings which would then act as a selfie camera to take photographs of people who queued up in front of it.
To bring his idea to fruition, he was on the lookout for a capable and professional mobile app developer who could develop the following in short time duration -
- A mobile based Trigger App to start the camera countdown timer
- A Responder App for the 65 inch screen to take pictures, and send it to the trigger app
- A Web App to liaise between the Trigger apps and the Responder app
The client selected Flatworld Solutions as his partner of choice based upon our stupendous track record of delivering projects within a short duration, and our cost-effective and quality processes.
During the course of the project, we faced quite a few challenges. Some of them were -
- We had to deliver the complete project within a short TAT, that of 60 days
- We had to ensure that trigger, responder and web apps all worked simultaneously without any glitches, for a perfect end-user experience
- The trigger app needed to provide real-time updates on the queue status, of people already lined up to take photographs
- We needed to make sure that the user could use the trigger app to opt for image enhancement and select the type of enhancement they need to be done on the photograph
- If user wanted any additional enhancements to the photographs, it was to be made chargeable, the payment for which had to be enabled within the app itself
- We had to ensure the app was compatible with all devices running Android 3.0+higher and iOS8+higher
In order to ensure we delivered the project within time, while ensuring all the client requested features were properly integrated within the apps, we took the following steps -
- We ensured that the trigger app on the user's phone could remotely trigger the camera on the device, and give real-time updates about the status of the number of people in the queue
- In order to enhance the user experience, we ensured that the users could download the trigger application by scanning a QR code placed on the Responder device, which downloaded the app on their devices either from the Play Store or the App Store
- We programmed the trigger app to perform the following functions -
- Based on the number of people in the queue, the trigger app would show the ETA for the user's turn to take the photo, as well as buzz an alarm
- The user could use the trigger app to select the level of enhancement required for his photo, pay for it and leave his email address for delivery
- We ensured the responder app could take as many retakes of the photo as required, and store it within the web app interface, which could be then instantly viewed by the user on his device of choice
- We effectively developed a web app to liaise between the trigger and the responder app, which could perform the following functions -
- User got instant access to it after registering the first time from the trigger app
- The web app stored a complete user profile with basic details and a profile picture
- It contained all the images taken by the user, and could either be deleted or shared by the user on a variety of social media channels, as required
Even though we were faced with several challenges, our team of developers and programmers worked together to ensure not only that the project was delivered within time, but also that each and every functionality was implemented properly, and ran without a hitch. Some of the high-points of our collaboration with the client were -
- The apps developed by us worked perfectly in sync with each other, enhancing the user experience
- The apps worked flawlessly on both Android and Apple devices, as they were developed with individual tools for each operating system (Android, iOS, .NET and SQL Server)
Contact Flatworld Solutions for Customized Mobile App Solutions
Do you have a requirement for a custom-built, native iOS, Android or Windows app? Or do you want a hybrid, cross-platform app? If you have an idea, we at Flatworld can turn it into a fluid and beautiful mobile app in a cost-effective manner.
Contact us now for mobile app development, and see how we can make your mobile app dreams come true!