iBeacon Technology-based Parking App Solution for iOS
Our client is a UK-based startup in the field of computer programming and IT consultancy services. They approached us with an immediate requirement for a parking app solution which worked using the iBeacon technology present in the latest iPhones. They chose us based on our past projects and our ability to create customized solutions for our global clients.
The Client's Requirement
The client required a parking app based on the iBeacon technology which worked even when the phone's Bluetooth was switched off. The client wanted to develop this app for people who living in crowded metropolis, where finding a parking spot is a tough task every single day. The client wanted their app to enable drivers to locate a parking spot in a jiffy with the help of location-specific Beacon technology.
The client specifically requested that the app be built around the principle that when a driver using an iPhone (with the app installed) comes within the range of a registered beacon, a communication would be established between the two, resulting in a notification being sent to the driver about the available parking spot.
Implementation of Beacon technology for this specific purpose was unheard of and the biggest challenge our developers faced was in configuring and syncing the beacon with the app while ensuring that the user faced minimum hassle when trying to find the right parking spot.
After carefully going through the client's requirements, we decided upon the following solution -
- We developed the app in such a way that it could locate nearby Beacons even if the Bluetooth was off. We achieved this by ensuring that when the Bluetooth is off, the app would leverage a pre-configured geo-fencing program to alert the user to switch on the Bluetooth when it detected a Beacon nearby
- When the Bluetooth of the phone is on, and the user is within a 10-feet radius of the beacon, the app would notify the user about the parking location immediately
- We also included several other features within the app, such as viewing the parking location from within the app screen, viewing parking history, etc.
Our solution has generated enormous interest in the market and is witnessing steady downloads from the Apple App Store. The client is also extremely satisfied with the project and has recommended us to several of their business partners.
Choose Flatworld Solutions to Develop Inventive Mobile Apps
At Flatworld Solutions, we consider ourselves experts in understanding our client's requirements, however unique, and developing a working mobile app solution to bring their expectations to life. We have developed hundreds of apps for iOS, Android, and the Windows platform, and our mobile app development services offer you a cost-effective alternative to turn your dream app to life.
Avail best-in-class services at affordable rates
PARTNER WITH US Read about Partners & Alliances programs at Flatworld Solutions! Read More
- Flatworld Implemented a ServiceNow Solution for a US-based Award Winning Firm
- Flatworld Solutions Implemented ServiceNow for a Leading Provider of Workplace Solutions
- Flatworld Implemented ServiceNow for a Dubai-based Logistics Company
- FWS Developed a Healthcare Live Chat App with Bilingual Support for a Technology Provider
- FWS Delivered Customized ITSM ServiceNow Solution to Improve Catalog Workflows for a US-based Client
3rd Edition Middle East Banking AI and Analytics Summit Read More