Case Study — Structural Engineering
Our client was:
- A manufacturer of structural insulated panels
- Based in the United States
- Looking for an experienced and highly skilled outsourcing partner, with expertise in US-based structural engineering for seismic zones, which could produce quality drawings at affordable rates
Since structural insulated panel design requires highly skilled (and highly paid) workers, the client sought our services after learning of our 11 years of experience in the field and stellar reputation in the industry. The challenges facing us were:
- To produce quality drawings
- To reduce production costs for the client
The client sought qualified engineers with ample experience in industry norms and standards. They would need to be trained in the client's ongoing custom home designs so that they could ensure high-quality drawings and maintain a constant workflow over a long period. We took several steps to accelerate the client's search for two competent engineers. The actions we took to meet the challenges were:
- Employing the "Train the Trainer" method and shortlisting a team of 3 engineers, who were graduates from the top Indian Institutes of Technology
- Informing the client about the selection of the 3 engineers, who were then invited to the United States for a 3-month training period and 2-year contract upon completion of training
- Creating an internal training manual in-house to ramp up the team's skills and knowledge before it left for the United States
- Training the team in AutoCAD, StaadPro, Ansys, etc.
- Keeping 3 trained engineers on standby to meet any emergency situation
- Regularly reviewing the progress on the project
Our dedicated team of engineers was able to live up to the client's expectations. Our efforts were fruitful, and resulted in:
- Huge cost savings for the client—to the extent of $12,000 per month!
- Quick turnaround while ensuring high-quality solutions
- Smooth and uninterrupted work flow
Pricing is a critical factor to consider before outsourcing. Our pricing model allows you to keep your costs in control.
Read Case Studies to find out how we helped our clients with Engineering Services.
Tell us your requirements and get a free quote.