3D CAD Migration from Parasolid and STL to SolidWorks for US Client
Our client is based out of New Jersey, USA, and has an experience of more than 32 years in manufacturing luxury sanitary fittings. Currently, they sell a variety of products such as pipes, faucets, fittings, bathtubs, etc. through their own branded stores.
The client was looking for an outsourcing partner who could perform 3D CAD migration from Parasolid and STL to SolidWorks for all of their components. Since the process was highly technical, they were looking for an experienced service provider who could make modifications to their existing product range, while also performing 3D Modeling and Detailing using SolidWorks software.
After a considerable time spent in searching for the perfect partner, they chose Flatworld Solutions based upon our industry experience and our mastery over a variety of 3D CAD software, including SolidWorks.
During the course of the project, our team faced certain challenges, including -
- We had to understand the client's unique project management process, i.e. understanding of part numbers, material data, and their unique exploding view standards
- Part lists and Exploded views had to be created in SolidWorks composer
- We were required to use VPN to access SolidWorks enterprise locally and modify the models
- We had to set up a new process flow that combined SolidWorks, SolidWorks Composer, and SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- We had to dovetail our mechanical engineering services with creative design services in order to create catalogs (combining SolidWorks composer and Adobe Illustrator)
Our expert solution for the client included the following measures -
- Two full-time resources were assigned exclusively for this client
- All resources were thoroughly trained and a scale-up strategy was prepared in order to support the two FTE more resources
- We used VPN to satisfy all legal issues, and utilized minimal software licenses by working on the client's models from India
- We set apart an exclusive bandwidth channel dedicated to the client's project
- Since the project involved working extensively through VPN, we took stringent security measures to guard against any potential threats
- All our workstations dedicated to the project were installed with the latest software such as SolidWorks 2014, AutoCAD, SolidWorks Composer, and SolidWorks Enterprise PDM (license was provided by the client)
The client was extremely satisfied with our efficient handling of the project. Some of the highlights of the project include -
- We have set up one more project team for the client based upon an increase in their requirement
- Our highly experienced and dedicated resources (mechanical engineers specialized in SolidWorks) worked at 60% of the cost as compared to the US
- One of the main reasons behind our on-time delivery for the client throughout the project was because of our infrastructure capabilities. This resulted in significantly faster response times of more than 30%
- The client was able to achieve a 40% reduction in costs
Choose Flatworld Solutions for Impeccable CAD Migration and Modeling Services
At FWS, we take great pride in our workmanship and we guarantee high-quality CAD Conversion and CAD Migration Services to our global clients. Our impeccable attention to detail ensures that your drawings and designs will be replicated precisely and without any oversights.
Contact us now for cost-effective 3D CAD migration to SolidWorks.
Pricing is a critical factor to consider before outsourcing. Our pricing model allows you to keep your costs in control.
Read Case Studies to find out how we helped our clients with Engineering Services.
Tell us your requirements and get a free quote.