Why is CAD Migration Important for Your Business?
Converting any engineering design into a useful presentation is a painstaking task, if done manually. It becomes even more difficult if an organization has large amount of drawings. CAD migration can save a cumulative of about 60 - 70% of the costs. The reusability of designs in both up and downstream applications can help in minimizing the costs and ensuring faster time-to-market.
Global competition has forced organizations to use the latest and the sophisticated CAD systems to cater to their designing and engineering needs. Use of multiple CAD systems ensures data compatibility and decreases the time spent on conversion of data from one format to another, allowing companies to standardize on a single CAD platform.
CAD migration needs intense planning, detailed analysis, logistics, and the ability to visualize the future requirements. It allows standardizing the software tools and thus redefining engineering standards and processes to generate greater benefits.
Points to be Taken Care of during CAD Migration
Once the decision to conduct CAD migration is taken, there are some things that need to be taken care of:
- Before the commencement of the migration process, identifying the business objective behind the decision of CAD migration is of utmost importance. This will help in implementing the project efficiently
- To maintain the quality and efficiency of the results the team working on the CAD migration must regularly keep a check on the raw data, as well as the completed results
- At every stage of the process the estimate of the data volume generated must be calculated in advance
- The re-usability requirements of all the designs must be properly defined by the team
- It is important to estimate the return on investment involved in the process of CAD migration. The elements that need to be considered in the estimate should include the old data value, reduced manufacturing time, and the cost of designing the product
9 Reasons Why One Should Migrate to CAD
There are many reasons why one should opt for CAD migration. Some of them are listed below:
- Be Updated: CAD migration allows organizations to be updated with the latest design modifications in the industry, and improve the current designs being worked on
- Ensure Efficient Management: Even the most complex product development which involves multiple design configurations can be efficiently managed by the engineering and product design teams if they use CAD
- Standardize Data Formats: Different product engineering teams may have different data requirements. CAD migration helps in the conversion of the existing data into the most suitable format needed
- Leverage Latest Technologies: CAD migration enables the product development team to deliver best results in a timely and efficient manner as they have the latest and advanced technologies at their disposal
- Ensure Seamless Automation: Teams are forced to retain pieces of hardware/software to access old data which is not a feasible process. But with a fully automated CAD migration strategy this is no longer a problem
- Easy Tracking: CAD migration prevents old data from piling up and is an easy method to keep track of the whole CAD data migration project
- Less Manual Errors: CAD migration reduces the manual intervention in design by automating the process, thereby reducing the errors during the design phase
- Easy Accessibility: CAD migration gives easy access to retrieve the data and avoids the unnecessary costs and important resource wastage
- Easy Rectification: CAD migration helps identify poor quality data and hence it can be rectified
Migrate Your Drawings to CAD Now!
At Flatworld, we understand the difficulties one needs to go through while converting their engineering drawings to CAD. With an experience of over 17 years in the field of CAD data and data migration, we ensure to deliver high quality results in a quick turnaround time.
Our team of highly experienced engineers follows a structured process to understand your needs, and takes care of the smallest details to customize the migration process as per your exact needs.
If you have any kind of CAD migration requirement, feel free to get in touch with us.