European University Gets OCR Conversion Services from Flatworld Solutions
Client Profile - European University
The client is based in the United Kingdom and operates exchange programs and an international network encompassing seven campuses and 20 countries.
Client Requirements and Challenges - Correct OCM Errors and Convert Files
The client wanted to correct prior errors made in high-volume OCR (Optical Character Recognition) processes, complete OCR conversions and fix files. The purpose of the project was to accurately digitize thousands of tables created throughout the 20th century so that document archiving could be improved. Flatworld Solutions (FWS) suggested a limited free trial involving 10 pages before proceeding to the entire project.
The project involved these challenges -
- The client required 100 percent accuracy.
- The project involved a high volume of numbers and tables that required detailed proofing.
- Many alignment issues were encountered.
The Solution by Flatworld Solutions
The FWS file conversion and data management team developed this solution -
- The quality test team included an account manager and a document conversion specialist. The trial was completed successfully in one day, and the client approved a full-time contract involving more than 50,000 pages.
- The project team included 10 data entry and conversion specialists who completed the assignment in two months.
- The FWS process entailed correction of OCM errors, using OCR software, converting files to PDF format files, proofing of documents and delivery to the client via Dropbox. The team conducted multiple quality checks throughout the process.
Final Results - Converted and Digitized 70,000 Pages of Archive Files
This project demonstrates the importance of exercising strict quality control measures when converting legacy documents to digital files. An effective strategy to meet multiple challenges involving common OCM/OCR errors is to use experienced outsourcing providers that can provide 100 percent accuracy at cost-effective prices when converting historical files to desired digital formats. In this case, Flatworld Solutions produced precise file conversion for 70,000 archived university pages. Our multilingual file conversion team allows universities, businesses, publishers and authors to reduce time and expenses while producing high-quality results.
FWS has more than 150 data entry and file conversion specialists that can start on your project immediately. Our process for converting files from one format to another is always customized to meet the requirements of each client. We work with all file formats - including hard-copy documents, video, audio, word processing files and images.
- FWS Enabled A US-based Funding Company to Streamline Lead Data on Zoho
- Streamlining Purchase Order Processing for a Leading IT Solutions Provider
- Flatworld Provided Data Extraction for a Management Consulting Firm
- Flatworld Solutions Provided Online Data Entry Services to Kansas-based Body Jewelry Client
- Flatworld Solutions Provided Data Research and Extraction Services to an App-based Nightlife Aggregato