Flatworld Provided Data Validation Services to a Leading Private University
Client Profile - Leading Private University
The client is based in the United States (New York) and was established in 1831. With more than 50,000 students, the client also has campuses in Shanghai and Abu Dhabi. The current student population at the university represents about 130 countries.
Client Requirements and Challenges - Support for Validating Data
The client needed data validation support for analyzing thousands of mobile screenshots from student phones. The goal of the project was to evaluate application usage habits by students. Requirements included app names, hours used and specific kinds of apps by categories such as news, fitness and messaging. Because of the complex scope, Flatworld Solutions (FWS) conducted a limited quality test for review by the client before beginning the full assignment.
The project involved these primary challenges -
- Because of the large project scale, 20 full-time specialists were required immediately.
- The data validation process included collating, categorizing and recording diverse data.
The Solution - By Flatworld Solutions
The Flatworld Solutions data validation specialists developed this solution -
- The initial trial included an account manager, one data validation specialist and a quality analyst.
- Prior to the quality test phase, the client provided one hour of training via telephone and transferred 20 screenshots via Google Drive.
- The trial was completed in 24 hours.
- Based on the success of the initial test, the client signed a contract for data validation encompassing 4,000 users and 40,000 screenshots on a weekly basis.
- The project team included an account manager, 20 data validation specialists and a quality analyst.
- The final reports were summarized in Excel format spreadsheets and included validated data such as app categories, type of mobile device and time spent within each application.
Final Results - Validated 40,000 Screenshots and Produced 70% Cost Savings
This project shows how large scale projects can be expedited and improved by working with an outsourcing provider that has proven capabilities to scale up the size of the project team on short notice. In this case, Flatworld Solutions was able to start immediately on a complex data validation project requiring 20 specialists. The client was pleased with the combination of cost savings, data accuracy and fast turnaround.
The FWS client list includes universities, Fortune 1000 companies, family businesses and individuals. We are a global ISO certified support services provider and ensure that data processes meet international quality standards. Contact Flatworld Solutions today for our no-cost assessment and quote regarding your next project.
- FWS Enabled A US-based Funding Company to Streamline Lead Data on Zoho
- Streamlining Purchase Order Processing for a Leading IT Solutions Provider
- Flatworld Provided Data Extraction for a Management Consulting Firm
- Flatworld Solutions Provided Online Data Entry Services to Kansas-based Body Jewelry Client
- Flatworld Solutions Provided Data Research and Extraction Services to an App-based Nightlife Aggregato