FWS offers Image Annotation Services to Skin Cream Manufacturer Operating in 40 Countries
Client Profile - Skin Cream Manufacturer Operating in 40 Countries
The client is based in Switzerland and operates from 50 sites. They have seven manufacturing locations and more than 1,200 employees. The client produces consumer and medical skin health brands. They promote dermatology initiatives and focus on product innovations involving skin cancer, aging, dermatitis, psoriasis, rosacea and acne.
Client Requirements and Challenges - Annotate Portrait Images
The client wanted to outsource an image annotation project involving several thousand portrait images. Requirements included identifying specific skin conditions and annotating the impacted area. This process entailed creating a bounding box around image areas exhibiting conditions such as blackheads and acne. The client intended to use results to support manufacturing and marketing of a new face cream product for women. Flatworld Solutions (FWS) proposed an initial free quality test prior to finalizing a contract for the project.
The project involved two primary challenges -
- Differentiating between various skin conditions was difficult.
- Drawing small bounding boxes around each impacted area required precision.
The Solution by Flatworld Solutions
The FWS image editing team developed this solution -
- The free trial team included an account manager and an image annotation specialist.
- Prior to the trial, the client provided a training manual via email and conducted remote training to educate FWS personnel regarding each skin condition. Images were transferred to FWS via Google Drive.
- The image annotation process was facilitated by a customized labeling tool. After creation of bounding boxes and labels for each skin condition, final annotated images were delivered to the client via G-Drive.
- The quality test involved annotating 100 images and was completed successfully in one day.
- Based on the successful trial, the client approved a contract to annotate 5,000 images within a month. Three image editing specialists were assigned to the project team, and the assignment was completed in eight business days.
Final Results - Annotated 5,000 Images in 8 Business Days
This project demonstrates just one of the specialized benefits accruing from precise image annotation services. In this case, Flatworld Solutions helped the client to improve their marketing and manufacturing process by accurately identifying the location and frequency of skin conditions shown in several thousand photos.
Upon project completion, the client commended the FWS team for hassle-free outsourcing, precise annotation and cost savings of 60 percent compared to other providers.
- FWS Enabled A US-based Funding Company to Streamline Lead Data on Zoho
- Streamlining Purchase Order Processing for a Leading IT Solutions Provider
- Flatworld Provided Data Extraction for a Management Consulting Firm
- Flatworld Solutions Provided Online Data Entry Services to Kansas-based Body Jewelry Client
- Flatworld Solutions Provided Data Research and Extraction Services to an App-based Nightlife Aggregato