Flatworld's Billing Process for Logistics Providers
Flatworld follows a structured billing process to ensure total accuracy, reliability and cost savings for our global customers.
Our executives in India access the scanned BOL in the company's server through a secure Virtual Private Network (VPN). Using the information in the BOL, bills pertaining to the truck are billed by the Billing Dept at Flatworld, in a prescribed format.
- Shippers call from different cities to the Terminal. A Customer Support Executive responds to the call and gathers shipment information that is conveyed to the truck drivers
- Trucks leave the Terminal to pick up freight from different Shipper locations
- Shipper hands over the Bill of Lading (BOL) to the driver. Driver verifies the BOL, signs it and sticks a Pro-label with a unique number on it
- Driver scans the BOL using the Mobile Data Transmitter (MDT) in the truck enabling real-time data capture and information streaming. The scanned BOL reaches the company's server immediately
- Flatworld executives in Bangalore, India , access the scanned BOL in the company's server through a secure Virtual Private Network (VPN). Using the information in the BOL, bills pertaining to the truck are billed by the Billing Dept at Flatworld, in a prescribed format. The completed bill/unloading manifest is sent over FTP to the company's server. The entire process is completed even before the pick-up truck reaches the terminal to hand over its freight to the delivery truck
- Pick-up trucks return back to the terminal. The Dock Manager collects the unloading manifest from R & L's server. The freight is unloaded to the dock in the terminal
- The shipment is then loaded into the delivery truck that leaves for the consignee's destination. On arrival, the freight is then delivered to the consignee - on time!
Contact us to outsource your billing processes for quality, reliability and cost savings.