Layout and Formatting Design Services
Partnering with the Flatworld Solutions (FWS) layout and formatting design team allows publishers and individuals to overcome these primary challenges -
- Completing design tasks can be costly, time-consuming, and require new employees
- Outsourcing often involves working with individuals who are not proficient in English
- Failure to ensure print-ready files can produce unwanted publishing errors and delays
- Finding fast project turnarounds and ISO certified design professionals is always a challenge
- The layout and formatting design process can become even more challenging when clients operate in multiple time zones and countries with different languages
To meet all of these challenges and more, our team of layout and formatting design experts can help you streamline the process by shifting all layout and formatting tasks to FWS. During the last two decades, our ISO certified design specialists have helped more than 2,000 international clients with 120,000 design projects.
Our Layout and Formatting Design Services
Our team provides services involving book layout design, magazine layouts, and customized prepress services for all publications (including brochures, newsletters, catalogs, magazines, and books). Specific layout and formatting services include -
Book Layout Design
Our designers provide book design and layout services for all genres of books - cookbooks, comic books, poetry books, art books, children's books, and many more. Our basic service includes one round of free revisions and is template-based. FWS provides a fully customized book layout design service that includes two rounds of free revisions and advanced formatting options that are recommended for specialty books.
Magazine Layout Design
The FWS team designs magazine layouts using either magazine templates or customized magazine layouts. Some examples of magazine layout design created by our team include sports, medical, automobile, fashion, photo, and wedding magazines plus layouts for professional journals and newspapers.
Our layout and magazine design services cover all aspects of producing a high-quality magazine - from typography, readability, and placement to content, white space, and marketability.
Customized Prepress Services for All Publications
We make sure that everything is print-ready before you publish - this service includes all publications such as newsletters, catalogs, and brochures (in addition to magazines and books). Our comprehensive proofing process covers fonts, resolutions, formats, colors, typesetting, and other design elements. For example, pre-flight checking, soft and hard proofing, and real-time digital dummies can help to identify potential design and layout problems before actual publication.
Our Layout and Formatting Design Expertise
Here is a brief overview of the expertise offered by FWS -
- FWS is ISO-certified and provides high-quality services that meet international guidelines
- Our design professionals offer both basic and customized layout options
- 99 percent compliance with SLA (service level agreement) standards
- Multilingual team that works with ease in multiple languages - design projects can be prepared in any preferred language(s)
- A skilled team of more than 20 designers, layout specialists, illustrators, and formatters
Ease of Outsourcing to the FWS Team
Having been a pioneer in providing creative design services for over a decade now, we have gained enough expertise to understand the client's need. Some of the key reasons why it makes it easy to work with us include -
- You can try our services without obligation - free of cost for a 2-4 page layout trial
- Our team operates on a 24/6 schedule that allows fast turnarounds involving multiple time zones - we can always work according to your time zone and scheduling requirements
- We have a customer support team that is available 24/7 by either email or phone
- Account managers and design specialists are fluent in English and several other languages
- We employ a customer-centric outsourcing approach that is always customized to meet the specific scheduling needs, requirements, and budgets of each client
Our Layout and Formatting Design Process Flow
Our layout design process is adjusted and customized to meet the unique requirements of each client. The book layout process often involves steps such as these -
An initial discussion between FWS and the client
Customer provides inputs such as the manuscript
First layout that meets ISO quality standards
Customer reviews the draft
Revisions as needed (two free rounds of revisions with our customized book layout design service and one round with our basic service)
Final version for the client or publisher/printer along with upload guidelines and technical specifications
Benefits of Partnering with Flatworld Solutions
Fast deliveries, competitive pricing, and service expertise are the hallmarks of FWS services. A few other benefits of working with FWS include -
- FWS delivery times involve fast turnarounds - one business day for most layout and formatting design projects
- Our professionals are proficient in QuarkXPress, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, CorelDRAW, and more
- We can resolve font-related incompatibility issues between Mac and PC platforms. Our design team matches fonts across system settings
- Clients often report cost savings of 60 percent with FWS compared to other providers. Our clients also avoid costly publishing investments in software and infrastructure
- To ensure privacy and security, our design and publishing team offers 100 percent data security. FWS employs secure web servers and FTP uploads, virtual private networks (VPN), and confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
- FWS is a one-stop global outsourcing provider. In addition to layout and formatting design services, our international team of experts can help with specialized tasks such as market research surveys, corporate design, and data management.
- The Flatworld Solutions client list for design services includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as independent authors and private publishing houses
Client Success Stories
Monthly Magazine Designing Services
Flatworld Solutions assisted a 20 year old, independent design and advertising agency with page layout and cover designs for its monthly magazines.
Prepress Services for an Arizona-based Client
Flatworld Solutions aided a highly successful Arizona-based organization with 16 years of experience in the Prepress design industry. We helped them with their niche pre press artwork design requirement using PlanetPress and PrintShopMail.
Get Cost-effective Layout and Formatting Services from Flatworld Solutions
Flatworld Solutions has been a leading provider of layout and formatting design services and a host of other creative design services to its global clientele. We can help both individuals and publishers when you need specialized layout and formatting design services within a quick turnaround time. Our team of highly talented creative designers have the skills to work on a series of designing tools and technologies. Contact us today for a no-cost assessment and quote.
Layout Formatting Design Services FAQs
What is layout in design?
It's the order in which the page elements are arranged. The objects refer to images, texts, and media. A well-arranged layout design will make the content appealing to the eye.
What are the types of page layout?
The 10 types are Frame Layout, Big-Type Layout, Picture Window Layout, Multi-Panel Layout, Alphabet-Inspired Layout, Copy Heavy Layout, Circus Layout, Rebus Layout, Mondrian Layout, & Silhouette Layout.