Case Study for Desktop Publishing
The client is a global investment manager dedicated to growing and preserving the client assets. It has presence in 27 countries worldwide and an experienced team of 2012 employees globally, of which 340 are investment professionals. It offers a diverse range of products across both traditional and non-traditional classes managed by global investment centers in Boston, Dublin, London and other local investment centers. It provides cutting edge solutions to investors.
Situation - Business Need
For its global investment centers and internal use, the client used a wide range of financial reports ranging from fact sheets to market strategy reports. The client intended to leverage on the cost factor and quality of an offshore Desktop Publishing operator, and hence engaged our services to design and publish these reports. The outputs were required in the form of fact sheets, brochures, flyers, newsletters and PowerPoint Presentations.
The challenges that our team faced during the course of the project were:
- The source files were in raw form and were sent to us in MS Excel and MS Word formats
- Following the guidelines provided by the client with respect to formatting, typography and colors
- Assigning 4 designers and 1 supervisor to work as FTE (Full Time Equivalent)
- Providing round-the-clock coverage for quick turnaround time
- Guaranteeing 99.0% error free output
- Deploying licensed software and proper infrastructure maintenance
The Flatworld Solution
Our solution comprised of the following salient features:
- Allotted adequate resources to meet the volume and Turnaround time
- Analyzed the raw source files in its entirety to understand designing needs
- Assigned skilled and knowledgeable DTP experts and graphic designers
- Guaranteed 99.0 % error-free output
- Assigned a supervisor as FTE for handling client queries and feedbacks
- Employed the latest software and infrastructure facilities
- Ensured the security of client data by deploying:
- Secure VPN communication - IPSec/PPTP
- McAfee Enterprise Suite for virus prevention and cure with HIPS (host intrusion prevention) and NAC ( Network Access Control)
- Gateway level Anti Spyware and Spam Filter for Internet Access and Mail Server
- URL Filtering application for surf control
- Domain level access restrictions along with Group policy
- Restricted Internet Access along with Domain Authentication
- Centralized Server based storage
- File system access policy based on user authentication
- Allotting 3 to 4 Mbps dedicated bandwidth on Imaging department
- Deploying 40 high end workstations with all the latest upgraded applications and licenses
The client was able to capitalize on the efficiency of our operations and benefited in many ways, some of the benefits were:
- Our solution induced a saving of 50% per annum
- The client was able to capitalize on a highly competitive staff with adequate training on new technologies
- Outsourcing the project to us helped the client set itself on a new trajectory of growth and improvement
Pricing is a critical factor to consider before outsourcing. Our pricing model allows you to keep your costs in control.
Read Case Studies to find out how we helped our clients with Creative Services.
Tell us your requirements and get a free quote.