Acclaimed Children's Book Author Gets Comic Illustration Services from Flatworld Solutions
Client Profile - Comic Book Author and Self-Publisher
The client is based in the United Kingdom and publishes educational books for children. The author uses a combination of written stories and picture books.
Client Requirements and Challenges - Comic Illustrations for Children's Storybook
The client needed design support for illustrating a 34-page children's book. The theme of the book was helping children to understand painting by introducing them to famous painters. The client wanted an outsourcing partner to review the manuscript and create complementary book illustrations that would appeal to multiple cultures and nationalities. Prior to completing the full assignment, Flatworld Solutions (FWS) scheduled a trial project.
The project involved this primary challenge -
- Frequent scope of work changes when the client revised illustrated character descriptions as originally described in the manuscript.
The Solution - By Flatworld Solutions
The FWS design and illustration specialists developed this solution -
- The quality test team included an account manager and one illustrator to create illustrations for three pages.
- The client transferred the manuscript by email and two sample images by Dropbox. Using software that included Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, our design specialist created illustrations that included rough sketches, character sketches, line drawings, coloring and shading. Final outputs were uploaded via Dropbox in a JPEG format.
- The trial was completed in two days and approved by the client. Upon successful completion of the quality trial, the client signed a contract for FWS to complete 16 illustrated pages.
- The full project team included an account manager and two illustrators — the assignment was completed in two weeks.
Final Results - 16 Pages of Illustrations in 10 Business Days
This project demonstrates how self-publishing projects can be expedited at cost-effective prices while maintaining a high level of quality. In this case study, the client was particularly pleased with the time devoted by the FWS team to detailed character study prior to illustrating the story. According to the client, the final illustrations were a perfect reflection of manuscript character descriptions.
Flatworld Solutions has an experienced international team of more than 30 illustrators, designers and graphic artists. We employ a customer-centric illustration services approach that is customized to meet the specific requirements, scheduling needs and budgets of each client. FWS multilingual design experts can work with ease in multiple languages. Contact us today to discuss our original illustrations for children's books and other publishing projects. Tell us your requirement and get a free quote within one business day.