Sports Brand Activation Company Gets Precision Cropping Services for UK Marathon Images from FWS
The client is based in the Netherlands and has been an international leader in sports event production and sports brand activation for 45 years. They are known for innovation - for example, the first to track open-water swimming and the first to track obstacle races with a combination of RFID (radio frequency identification) and GPS devices. The client tracks more than 500,000 marathon athletes annually.
Client Requirements and Challenges
The client needed an outsourcing partner to crop UK marathon images that were taken to verify each runner's position during the race. Each image was timestamped and the images were used to validate athlete locations and positions during the marathon.
The project involved these primary challenges -
- Some athlete numbers were missing in the client's project tool
- Complexity of cropping tasks was increased by requirements of a real-time event
- Speed was required to crop all athlete numbers
The Flatworld Solutions creative services and image editing specialists developed this solution -
- Flatworld Solutions (FWS) recommended an initial one-day quality trial involving five images to be cropped by one specialist
- Prior to the trial, the client provided two hours of online training to the FWS specialist
- FWS used a custom tool (provided by the client) to crop athlete numbers displayed in each image. The number was then uploaded to the tool. After details were displayed, the tool calculated the specific position of the runner
- After a successful quality test, the client signed a contract for ongoing FWS assignments
- After the trial, the team included 20 specialists working during two shifts. The project was completed successfully
Final Results - 65% Cost Savings Plus Fast Turnaround and High Quality
This project demonstrates how a brief no-risk quality trial can ensure that client expectations are understood and fulfilled by the outsourcing partner. In this case, the test was completed in one day - and the paid assignment began only after a successful completion of the trial. In the full project, the client reported a 65 percent cost savings in addition to speedy and high-quality cropping results by the FWS team.
Hire Flatworld Solutions for Accurate Precision Cropping Services
Flatworld Solutions is a global provider of precision cropping and other data management services. Our client list includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as individuals and family businesses. FWS is an ISO certified support services provider and our cost-effective results meet international quality standards. If you have a similar project requirement, then feel free to contact us today to discuss your next project.