Ethical Questions Regarding Outsourcing
Outsourcing non-core activities helps companies save considerably on costs and improve profitability. Outsourcing work is recognized as a competitive strategy for success. However, companies have concerns about the ethics of outsourcing practices at the vendor location.
By choosing Flatworld Solutions you are dealing with a company that addresses your concerns.
Concerns regarding ethics in outsourcing practices
- Security Concerns: The core concern of outsourcing ethics is confidential information security. Companies need to be concerned about the security systems in place and about the safety of electronic data storage. If your outsourcing partner does not have adequate information about security measures, it might be a good idea to stay clear of them
- Fall in Service Quality: There is concern that services delivered from half-way across the globe might not meet quality expectations. Companies looking to outsource should check the track record of the vendor and their technical competencies
- Environmental Issues: Companies are concerned that vendor companies may practice environmentally damaging processes. They may need to conduct periodic audits to ensure compliance
- Poor Work Environment at Vendor Location: Companies have to impose stringent standards on the work conditions at offshore locations. They need to conduct intermittent audits on the work conditions and review the HR policies of offshore vendors
How Flatworld Solutions addresses ethics in outsourcing
Flatworld Solutions is a leading player in the outsourcing industry with over 18,000+ customers spread across 167 countries. We are completely tuned in to our customers' concerns about ethics in outsourcing.
- Data privacy and Confidentiality Measures at Flatworld Solutions - We have firewall protected networks, encrypted servers, VPN (Virtual Private Network) and password protected systems. These ensure complete confidentiality of our customer's information. Our work spaces are further protected by the use of swipe cards and cutting edge security devices
- Clear Communication - Flatworld Solutions establishes clear lines of communication with the customer. We are transparent about schedules on transition and pricing. Our privacy policies and outsourcing ethics are clearly defined
- Legal Measures - All legal aspects of the outsourcing relationship are covered in detailed Service Level Agreements with customers. We enter into meticulous Non Disclosure Agreements with employees and third party service providers to protect customer interests
- Employee Selection Measures - At Flatworld Solutions we believe that a company's reputation is only as good as the people they hire. We conduct thorough background checks on our employees and follow tough selection processes to choose honest, ethical, and responsible individuals, as part of our team
Outsource to Flatworld Solutions, a company committed to ethical outsourcing. We are providers of world-class outsourced services to a global clientele.
Would you be interested in reading more?
Advice on mitigating and managing risks arising from outsourcing.
While mostly positive results arise from outsourcing, be aware of a few possibly negative consequences.
The prognosis for outsourcing, and the possible shape of things to come.