Outsource Construction Cost Estimation Services to Flatworld Solutions
You've got all your paperwork done and now you bid confidently on a large contract that you are confident of bagging. You later realize that the construction cost estimate was overblown due to an error while calculating the cost. Though this might seem farfetched, inaccurate construction cost estimates can cost you by way of lost contracts or cost overruns.
A well prepared and accurate construction cost estimate can only help your company's growth in the long run. Outsourcing construction cost estimation can give you an edge in terms of bidding for contracts as well as providing you with areas where cost can be reduced. Some of the other benefits are:
- Helps you track costs during all the phases of a project
- Provides you with insight into whether current endeavors are profitable and also whether new proposals can bring in a profit
- Bidding for a contract becomes easier as you have a near perfect estimate of the various parameters in a project
Flatworld’s construction cost estimation services
Flatworld Solutions has worked with worldwide construction companies in producing accurate estimates of various projects. We place emphasis on fully understanding your company’s goals before embarking on a structured process in estimating costs. Here’s an overview of how our estimation services work:
- Flatworld’s estimators collate and analyze data on all of the factors that bear an influence on the costs - materials, labor, location, machinery requirements, computer hardware and software
- We take up residential construction cost estimation as well as electrical construction cost estimation
- Our building cost estimation and construction cost estimation experts offer one-to-one assistance and recommendations. This is also used in conjunction with software that aids in the estimation
- Time phase charts and learning curves are derived to analyze cost factors and to find areas where cost can be reduced
- Standard labor hours are also calculated against a specified number of units. This is then used to identify areas where labor cost can be reduced
We analyze the following aspects involved in arriving at building cost estimation
- Labor Allowances
- Estimating Supervision, Direct Management and Other Direct Charges
- The Use of Factors in Estimating
- Estimating Basic Material Costs
- Estimating Engineering Activities
- Establishing and Production Engineering
- Estimating Establishing, Production, Assembly and Construction Activities
- Manufacturing Activities
- Construction Activities
The analysis process at Flatworld Solutions
We recommend using the elemental method of cost analysis which breaks down the cost into smaller functional elements. Elemental analysis as compared to traditional analysis identifies the cost associated with each material and element in a construction project.
However, the trade format is the conventional format used for the basis of construction, so whatever analysis is utilized in the early stages, the final outcome will be in whatever trade format the contractor is using.
Once the analysis process is complete, then our documenting software can present the building and construction cost estimates in a clear and concise manner. The estimate will be broken up into multiple components so you can see the cost allocated to each and every aspect of the construction cost estimation.
Furthermore, even at this stage we are still flexible enough to make changes as per your requirements, thus creating software customized for your individual needs.
Flatworld’s team composition and dynamics
- Estimation is carried out by mechanical, civil and structural engineers in United States. They are appropriately used based on the nature of a project
- A project engineer is appointed for your project and acts as a single point of contact. He will be responsible for managing a team of engineers, graphic artists and technical assistants
- The project engineer will also assist you in design decisions influencing the various costs
- The overall cohesiveness and high talent level of our team make them work as a unit thus allowing effective communication with your design team.
Contact us to outsource structural engineering services and we will get in touch with you within the next 24 hours.
Pricing is a critical factor to consider before outsourcing. Our pricing model allows you to keep your costs in control.
Read our client case studies to learn more about how we helped them accomplish their engineering requirements.
Tell us your requirements and get a free quote.